Please click the link below to view our Child Protection Policy
At the Leys we work hard to maintain an environment where children are safe and secure. We have the highest expectations of staff, governors and volunteers to adhere to important policies and guidance to protect pupils at all times.
• All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly
• The welfare of every child remains paramount
• All children have the right to be protected from harm
• All staff and volunteers working at the school have a responsibility to report concerns to the designated member of staff
We have clear staff recruitment and selection procedures, ensuring that all staff (including volunteers) who have unsupervised access to children, have been appropriately checked for their suitability through the Disclosure Barring Check.
Children know that they can approach any of the adults in school if they are worried and that they will receive a consistent supportive response.
The curriculum is designed to ensure there are opportunities for children to develop the skills they need to recognise and stay safe from abuse. At the Leys we offer a safe and nurturing environment free from discrimination where children can learn and develop happily.
The persons in our school responsible for child protection are:
• Sally Clibbon DSL (Family worker)
• Leigh Humphries (HT)
• Nikki Etienne (DHT)
• Davinder Khangura (DHT)
Ripon Road, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 4QZ.
Copyright © 2019 - The Leys Primary & Nursery School
Headteacher: Ms Leigh Humphries
Chair of Governors: Mr Phil Bibby